We had a recent request to say a bit more about our dear Sister Anne Marie, of happy memory, and her famous poster with its ten words of wisdom. Above is a picture of the poster and here we share sister's sage advice:
1. Never tell your age or they'll put you on a shelf; besides, a woman who will tell her age can't keep a secret.
2. Always walk with a purpose, dearie.
3. Moderation in all things ... including moderation.
4. To keep fit and healthy, eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and supper like a pauper and never eat before going to bed.
5. Mother is the Superior, I am the acting Superior.
6. Never volunteer, dearie, you'll get the job for life.
7. The answer is no. Now, what's the question, sister?
8. No vacation in the woods for me. I want pavement under my feet and lights over my head.
9. I don't go to meetings; they can almost always be described in two words -- mass confusion.
10. Darling, if you're going to make excuses, make them good.
Sister Anne Marie's departure from this life was marked with three posts on our blog. You may visit them here, here and here if you would like to read more about this remarkable sister whom so many of us were privileged to know and love.