05 August 2012

Weekly posts from the devotions of the Georgetown Visitation Sisters

Watch this space for regular posts from the Sisters, interspersed with photos from the Monastery. This first entry is from Mother Jacqueline Burke, VHM:

Every morning I begin my meditation by reading the entry for the day... the specific date of the day... from an little, old book, entitled Daily Readings from St. Francis de Sales, published in 1911 in England, and then in 1912 by Herder Pub. Company in St. Louis.

St. Francis de Sales, our Visitation founder, is truly my spiritual "compass;" he always brings me to Jesus. Most of all, he always opens my heart to the stunning reality that Jesus is constantly with each of us--loving, guiding, forgiving, companioning, inspiring us. It is this reality that wells up in us in joy and deep wonder and peace: Even on a hard day, it is the gift of gifts and won't disappear... no matter how I feel or respond, Jesus keeps on loving me.

TWO QUOTES FROM THIS BOOK

"Our Lord will certainly supply all your deficiences...provided it is He Whom you love, Whom you seek, Whom you follow." (From a letter to Madame de la Flechere)

"Humility must be practiced gently, quietly, persistently, and not only sweetly, but gladly, and joyously."

2 comments:

Linda said...

This is a brilliant idea, Sisters!

"Our Lord will certainly supply all your deficiences...provided it is He Whom you love, Whom you seek, Whom you follow." (From a letter to Madame de la Flechere)

What a beautiful quote, and how apropos to your choice to move forward with this blog's changed focus. I'm not discerning myself, but I work with people who are looking for the right community.... and I would think this will help potential candidates to get a good sense of your community. My prayers for you all continue! Pray for us, too!

Maria said...

Nice now to see a spiritual focus to your blog.