26 June 2013

Fill me with grace

Today I wish to share with you an inspiring prayer which fell into my lap a few days ago.  It beautifully expresses our Salesian spirituality and has given me an extra "oomph" in my efforts to follow Jesus more closely.
It comes from the Oblates Helper's Guild.

Jesus, be a guest in my heart today.
Help me always to recognize you.
When I feel sad, send me joy,
when I feel flawed, pour in your love,
when I feel empty, fill me with grace.

Jesus, I am grateful that you live in me.
Make my heart warmer, more vulnerable,
more pliable and easily mended.

O Jesus, let my attitude be yours. 
Help me to empty self
and be filled with service for others.
Engrave LIVE  JESUS on my heart
so that all my actions speak your love.
I ask this in your name.  Amen.

Sr. Mary Berchmans Hannan, VHM

1 comment:

Christian Church in Worcester MA said...

Thanks for sharing with us the prayer